Sunday, August 23, 2009

and so it begins

Brooklyn (and I) survived her first day of kindergarten. Weston took her to school because she was worried about finding her classroom. She sits between two little girls but she doesn't know their names because she hasn't talked to them yet. That will come with time, I suppose. She colored a picture, played at recess and read The Kissing Hand. No homework yet. I packed her a lunch and she said that all the other children were staring at her lunch because she had pudding and they didn't. I told her that I would make cookies and she could take an extra one to give to a friend. Overall, a successful day. Oh, but she absolutely hates riding the bus. We'll work on that one.





One day down. 13 years to go.

3 comments:

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

What an adorable picture of Brooklyn!

Our youngest starts his Senior Year on Tuesday. Wow - I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

I don't know if you've ever heard of the poem "Everything I needed to know I learned in kindergarten, but I thought you would enjoy it"

See:
http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/9691/kindergarten.html

Jill said...

She is such a beautiful little girl...so is your baby! School is so fun and scary at the same time for the kiddos and mom! Ty and Carson started today...first and third grade! Crazy! I'm so excited for you two! Love ya!

Annie and Family said...

How fun! My oldest is in 1st and all day at school is long time. Don't get me wrong, the break is nice... but I miss my girl. How are you doing "with out" yours? By the way, your baby is darling!!!