Thursday, April 2, 2009

Weak

I am usually a pretty healthy girl, but for some reason I have been very sick this winter. Three times have I been hit with the sore throat-headache-muscle ache combo. Yesterday I was couch-ridden all day. The children, being quite opportunistic, took advantage of this by sneaking cookies, graham crackers and whatever else they wanted from the kitchen all day, knowing I wouldn't do a thing about it. And they were right. I couldn't have cared less. As long as they kept the noise down, they pretty much had free reign of the house.

This reminded me of one particular day when I was so tired and I really just needed a nap. So I lay down on the couch and at that precise moment, Roman yells out, "Mom! I'm going to eat this ice cream for lunch, okay?" I was tired enough that the thought, "Ice cream is made out of milk" was enough justification in my mind to let him finish off the carton.

I guess I should be grateful that my children are old enough to fend for themselves in a pinch. And I guess a cookie (or seven) for lunch every now and then won't kill them--or me. But I just really hope I get better, soon.

8 comments:

Hillary said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well! I bet the kids don't mind much, though. ;) Feel better soon!!

Mary C. said...

I can SO relate to this! I hope you feel better soon.

Melody said...

Oh, there's nothing worse than feeling yucky and not being able to be the mom! It is kind of nice your munchkins can rustle up their own snacks if they need to. Hope you feel better soon!

Brooke said...

I am the same way! Get feeling better :-)

The Lindsey's said...

Oh I'm so sorry you're feeling so icky. That's NOT fun. And I completely agree that ice cream IS made milk, and having that for lunch is only helping them be the best kids they can be. Hope you feel better soon!

Christopher said...

mmmmmm cookies!

Rachel said...

Hi! It was so fun to get your comment. I've often wondered where you guys ended up and how you were doing. Your family is very cute!

Ps. Sorry to be leaving this message on your "sick" post.

Funny that you know the Brock and Kristina too. How?

Sammi said...

BRIGETTE!!!

You still make me laugh...you left a comment as if I had forgotten all about you! Are you kidding??? How could I forget you we had so much fun in highshcool...My little sister and I were just sitting around telling each other stories of our high school times and oh boy there were a few that you were in!! How are you doing? You look GReAT! So you are having another one? How old is your baby??? We need to get together and do lunch one day!!