Wednesday, June 30, 2010

cracked

I can't decide.

Are graham crackers the best thing since disposable diapers, or are they really a menace to the household lurking in the cupboard?

I used to think they were a sort of a solves-all. Kids hungry? Here's a graham cracker. Kids bored? Give 'em a graham cracker. Wanna build a house? Graham cracker to the rescue. Want s'more? Graham crackers, of course.

Well.

That is until I realized that they really don't fill the kidlets up. Five minutes later it's I'm still hungry! I mean, maybe if they were made out of hummus then it would be different. Come to think of it, maybe I could make my own recipe....

Also, I do considerably more sweeping when those blasted crackers are in my house. I swear everywhere I look all I see (beside children) are crumbs!! It's on the counters, on the floors and in the cupboard. And just when I get done sweeping the kitchen clean, here comes another child munching on a...graham cracker!!! It's impossible to eat those things without making a mess. Worth it? I think not.

I don't know. What do you think?

4 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

They are the bane of a mother's existence. I can't even eat one without making a mess. There's a reason I don't buy them. However, they do taste good.

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

I grew up on "graham cracker cereal." It's basically broken graham crackers with milk poured on top. When you break the graham crackers right over the bowl and pour the milk over them it doesn't make quite the mess! They are messy but yummy!

Annie and Family said...

I was just thinking THE EXACT SAME THING as I was sweeping a broken, smashed cracker out of my laundry room. Seriously, who eat in the laundry room?

Anonymous said...

You are funny.